Beginners are invited to join the Learn to Skate group lesson program at the Patterson Ice Center. New sessions are starting all the time and are offered on Wednesday evenings year round and on Saturday afternoons from September through May. Every week, skaters receive 40 minutes of ice time, skate rental and instruction from one of GGRFSC’s many talented skaters and coaches.
This is a ‘bridge’ between Learn to Skate and private lessons. Please inquire more with one of the coaches. This runs Thursdays 2:50p-3:50p or 11:20a-12:10a during the school year, and is semi-private lessons with full club member benefits.
Ready to Join the Club
As you become more comfortable on the ice and master basic skating skills, we encourage you to join GGRFSC so you may further enhance your skating ability.
For more details, PLEASE START HERE by reading our Potential Member Letter!
GGRFSC membership benefits include:
- Access to one-on-one private instruction
- Yearly membership to both GGRFSC and U.S. Figure Skating
- A subscription to Skating magazine
- Access to club freestyle and stroking sessions reserved for figure skaters only
- Access to ballet and off-ice jump classes
- Access to skate ordering and sharpening services
- Access to the GGRFSC club locker room
- The opportunity to participate in skating exhibitions, ice shows and competitions
- The opportunity to learn the sport of figure skating in a positive, friendly and fun environment